Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Apprenticeship Program in Eye.
As an Apprentice Laboratory Technician within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work.
Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalise on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology
- Tissue recognition, cutting, staining and microscopy; and its associated data management
- Preparation and recording a wide variety of formulations for Toxicology studies
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A passion for science
- A willingness to learn
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential
Progression opportunities within Covance.
About the employer
We are a world-leading life sciences company offering laboratory testing and development services to the pharmaceutical industry across the globe, dedicated to delivering solutions that make a real difference to millions worldwide.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. We believe that supportive teams, passionate people and inspired thinking are the formula for Better Science. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally