Brief overview of the vacancy role
Bupa are looking for an individual to join their team to help provide outstanding care to adults in their care homes. If you think you have a natural ability to be empathetic and kind natured, then why not start your career as an apprentice Health Care Assistant with one of the UK’s leading healthcare specialists?
Just outside Alderley Edge, Brookview sits opposite the Alderley Edge Golf Club and is within walking distance from Alderley Edge train station. The home provides nursing, residential and dementia care, also offering care for those requiring care for respite. With a real family feel, the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team to truly make a difference to people’s lives.
From November 11th, people working in certain registered care homes in England must be fully vaccinated by law, unless exempt. To be considered for this apprenticeship, Bupa require you to be fully vaccinated from Coronavirus.
What your typical day involves
– Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing andtoileting Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
– Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
– Supporting at mealtimes: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
– Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
– Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
– Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
What’s in it for you?
– Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
– Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
– NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
– 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
– Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
– Refer a friend bonus scheme
– Uniform provided
– Shopping Discounts
What your apprenticeship will offer:
– You’ll work towards a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship – which is equivalent to 5 GCSES!
– You’ll receive day to day training at work and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Microsoft Teams.
– The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
At Bupa you’ll be working towards your Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.
Desired personal Qualities
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. You understand there will be challenging days, but you’ll also laugh, have fun, and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You’ll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
Ongoing training and development
Training to be provided
Adult Care Worker Level 2
Functional skills in Maths and English
ZH2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week