Brief overview of the vacancy role
‘Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19, the application window remains open and you are still able to apply. Our team will be in contact in due course but would like to manage your expectations and make it clear that we are not able to give a specific time frame of when this vacancy will be available again. However, as the current landscape changes over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will keep you informed on the status of your application and update you accordingly’.
Do you have a passion for cooking? Do you love experimenting with recipes at home? Then this is the career for you!
As an Apprentice Commis Chef at The Merry Fiddlers, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to deliver an excellent customer experience every time
Your key purpose will be to provide a support service to The Merry Group Ltd and the Head Chef while developing your skills in the Kitchen.
– Maintain all stock levels for the kitchen and liaise with admin to generate a shopping list.
– Support Head Chef in day-to-day running of the kitchen.
– Ensure all food is stored correctly on the relevant shelf and labelled with all required information.
– Also ensure all the stock in fridges and freezers is thrown out when past the use by date.
– Assist Head Chef in preparation for service, chopping up salad, portioning meals etc.
– Assist Head Chef during service, be main point of contact for desserts and dressing plates, assist in cooking starters, sides etc.
– Ensure the bar and kitchen have sufficient amount of paperwork printed to complete necessary daily paperwork
– Keep kitchen area tidy and clean
– Generate menus for Sunday trade and for specials based on stock
– Ad hoc duties as requested by manager
Desired personal Qualities
– Great communication skills
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate with your colleagues
– Understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality, service and cleanliness
Training to be provided
Commis Chef Level 2 Qualification
Production Chef Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this The Merry Fiddlers – Apprentice Chef – Epping job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally