Brief overview of the vacancy role
Join us at Ember Inns, we’re a home away from home. Think real ales, traditional pub grub and roaring log fires: we’re the local to be proud of.
So, if you want to be at the heart of the neighbourhood, we want to hear from you.
As an apprentice Chef at Ember Inns, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the reason guests keep coming through our doors! You’ll thrive off the hustle and bustle of a fast-paced kitchen, with the support of a close-knit team, because it’s the people that make it all worthwhile.
– Be a champion of brand standards
– Keep your kitchen clean
– Prepare everything that is needed before a busy shift
– Cook to spec and work with recipes
You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What your apprenticeship includes
– A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 – 6 weeks
– A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
– Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
– Feedback sessions to discuss progress
– Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths (if you don’t already have GCSE)
– 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
– Love eating out? You’ll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
– Never a dull moment – fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
– Funded qualification up to degree level
Wage will be:
16-20 years old – an hour
21-22 years old – an hour
23+ years old – an hour
At Mitchells and Butlers you will be working towards a Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 month
Desired personal Qualities
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll… ·
– Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
– Have a great eye for detail
– Be super organised
– Be a team player
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Ember Inns, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it’s a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.
Ongoing support and development
Training to be provided
Hospitality Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths and English
ZH2 Production Chef Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Chef Apprenticeship job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally