Data Support and Research Apprentice
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career with a successful, growing, global SaaS business where they encourage thought diversity and driving new ideas. They offer a genuine opportunity to enjoy a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment and the chance to become part of an award-winning team.
In addition to other benefits, all of our clients employees will get an Individual Health Insurance Policy with Aviva and can choose to join their Employee Share Option Plan.
This Apprentice role’s purpose is to provide a plentiful supply of the business prospect organisations for our clients sales and marketing teams to contact by undertaking manual desktop research across a variety of online and offline sources against a detailed specification. Results are accurately recorded in both Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM, formatting and blending data from multiple sources to ensure data completeness.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using a supplied specification of the company’s ideal customer profile (ICP), undertake manual desktop research across a variety of already identified, trusted sources in a secure manner.
- Validate results using various techniques, e.g cross checking, to identify faults in data results and to ensure data quality.
- Utilising both manual methods and simple formulae, blend data by combining data from various sources to ensure completeness of records against an agreed specification.
- Analyse simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes using basic statistical methods.
- Communicate results verbally, through reports and documentation, tailoring the messaging for the audience.
- Collaborate with members of our global sales and marketing team to solicit feedback on the sourced data to prioritise future efforts.
- Practise continuous self-learning by identifying and suggesting potential additional data sources, as well as keeping up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills. Take responsibility for own professional development.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of best practices to quickly and accurately collect and extract data from a range of identified sources, against a detailed specification.
- Knowledge of various data formats (for example Excel (xls, CSV) and Salesforce.com) and their importance for securing, processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of how to clean data and data validation issues, i.e. remove duplicates, typos, duplicate entries, out of date data, parse data (e.g. format telephone numbers according to a national standard), incomplete records and test and assess confidence in the data and its integrity.
- Understanding of how to blend data from multiple sources manually and using automation / formulae in order to produce complete records.
- Understand how to use a variety of communication methods, formats and techniques, including: written, verbal, non-verbal, presentation, email, conversation, audience and active listening.
- Knowledge of the range of roles within an organisation, including: customer, manager, client, peer, technical and non-technical.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly, managing own time to meet deadlines and stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
Culture is very important to our client, and they strongly believe in living out their core values:
People First: One team globally; their people and customers always come first.
Find a Way: Like a river, they find a way around all obstacles
Win or Learn: Their journey for improvement never ends; enjoy the ride!
Type: Full time, permanent (40 hours per week)
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Data Support and Research Apprentice job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally