Brief overview of the vacancy role
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an IT Support Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
– Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
– Learning how to provide technical support
– Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
– Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
– Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients
– Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
– Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
– Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
– Updating company systems.
Desired personal Qualities
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Ongoing development and support.
Training to be provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship L3
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this IT Support Apprentice job in Newbury, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally