Brief overview of the vacancy role
Do you have an interest in all things tech? Do you have great communication skills?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
The company is a highly commended, award winning IT support company offering multi-layered protection and security. On completion of your apprenticeship there is the potential to move into a more senior role and continue in your own personal development through the companies CPD pathway.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an IT Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
– Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
– Learning how to provide technical support
– Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
– Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
– Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients
– Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
– Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate SLA timescales in accordance with the clients contracts
– Manage the support ticket queue
– Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
– Support all Microsoft systems within the company product line and update as required
– Run daily back-ups when required
Desired personal Qualities
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Training to be provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship L3
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this IT Technician Apprentice job in Portsmouth, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally