Brief overview of the vacancy role
Driven by a desire to continuously improve the customers’ experience, this important role finds you at the heart of our business – in our customer dining areas. Your primary responsibilities are to welcome our customers into the restaurant and to use your initiative to help create ‘feel-good moments’ during their visit.
Do you enjoy working in a high pressured, dynamic environment?
Do you want to progress in a role that offers great satisfaction and is highly rewarding?
The Apprentice Care Assistant with Salvation Army may be for you!
Your daily duties will include;
Quality of care –
– Contribute to person centred assessment planning, implementation and review.
– Put into practice person centred care recognising the special needs residents with dementia.
Fulfil the role of key worker for allocated residents.
Providing care –
– Share in person centred assessment planning implementation and review.
– Remain alert and attentive to the needs of residents throughout the shift to ensure that their needs are met at all times.
– Provide support for mobility and contribute to moving and handling residents.
– Support residents in journeys to and from the home if required.
– Support residents at the end of their life.
– Observe, monitor and record the condition of residents, reporting as required.
– Communicate with and complete records for residents including contributing to care plans.
– Receive and pass on messages and information.
– Support the health and safety of yourself and residents, complying with relevant legislation and Salvation Army procedures.
– Attend and participate in staff meetings.
– Share in a flexible rolling date.
Desired personal Qualities
Must be kind, patient, tolerant, honest and willing to learn. Reliability is essential given the high level of need evidenced by residents.
Salvation Army are offering the chance, after completion of the apprenticeship, to progress to Team leader, Activities leader and Head of Care and Home Manager roles.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Care Work
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills ICT
Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Care Assistant job in Buxton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally