Brief overview of the vacancy role
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship. You will cover; leisure and fitness operations, lifeguard duties, swimming teaching duties, gym instruction and leading group activities.
You will act as a Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Gym Instructor and Group Activity Leader. You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications.
– Be part of a motivated team fully embracing our company values
– Want to learn to deliver high customer service standards
– Want to ensure high levels of cleanliness and housekeeping are maintained within the centre
– Ensure equipment setups are completed safely and on time
We need an Apprentice Operations Assistant who will…
– Demonstrate through your behaviour and attitude that as part of the team you have ownership of and understand the company vision, missions and values
– Complete the tasks to ensure the standards of the facility meet company expectations
– Ensure the building and surrounds are clean and tidy
– Ensure all energy reduction actions are undertaken on a daily basis throughout your shift
– Support the centre’s work towards Quest, IiP, ISO 14001, 45001 and other awards
A safe, secure, clean, well maintained facilities that are accessible and inclusive for all.
– Start shifts on time
– Wear uniform as per the company standard
– Take appropriate action when identifying faults and hazards following all H&S procedures
– Achieve standards described in operations manuals
– Ensure daily operational checklists are completed
– Ensure cleaning tasks are completed to the company standard as per the schedule and signed off
– Ensure all pool supervision is completed according to Everyone Active standards
– Observe COSHH and PPE training
– Promote the safe use of all areas
– Ensure equipment setups are completed safely, to the required standard and on time.
– Report all hazards to the duty manager to report on EQMS and isolate if required
– Enforce Normal Operating Procedures at all times
– Follow Emergency Action Plan procedures at site
Offer a warm and friendly welcome every time.
Deliver a customer experience that generates customer compliments.
Listen, value and respond to all comments made by customers.
– Greet each customer you meet during the shift
– Deliver a customer experience that generates customer compliments
– Report customer feedback to Duty Manager
– Have knowledge of facility programme
– Support other departments within the centre as needed
Promote 30 minutes of activity 5 times per week by providing a wide range of quality activities.
– Promote the concept of 30 minutes of activity 5 times a week
– Set up the activities within the centre safely and on time
Provide dedicated, qualified, well trained colleagues to support customers and make their visits enjoyable.
– Complete online induction and any other online training required for your role
– Complete the Apprentice training and meet with the Learning Coaches as required
– Undertake and have a regular review with your line manager
– Attend meetings as required
– Undertake training as required
As an apprentice with Blackbrook Leisure Centre, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship
Desired personal Qualities
Good time keeping
Enjoy being part of a bigger team
Interest in learning new skills
Ready to embrace our brand mission of 30 minutes of activity 5 times a week
Interest in working in the leisure industry
Opportunity for progression through Everyone Active, including swimming teaching, gym instructor, team leader
Training to be provided
Leisure Team Member L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Leisure Team Member with Institute of Swimming Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Operations Assistant Apprenticeship job in Taunton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally