Brief overview of the vacancy role
Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to work with them as an Apprentice Receptionist, gain their Level 2 in Customer Service and be part of a friendly team!
Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme.
You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives.
Your duties will include:
– To welcome all visitors to the facility in a warm and helpful manner reflecting the Council’s image: and to actively encourage that image by presenting a customer orientated philosophy to all users of the facility.
– Taking bookings for the use of facilities by members of the public, both in person and over the phone- correctly entering bookings in the diary and onto booking system.
– Operating Front of House as well as replenishing stock in reception.
– Ensure that the reception area is clean and ready for use and is maintained in a tidy manner by carrying out a variety of cleaning tasks as required.
– To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints.
– To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information.
– Check deliveries and pricing of stock.
– To account correctly for cash and stock, including daily cash reconciliation and recording.
– Maintaining stocks of literature and brochures.
– Control of persons entering the building.
– Operating the lost property procedure ensuring safe keeping of articles.
– To attend Team meetings as required.
– Processing Leisure card, bonus card, direct debit applications and complete direct debit mandate for appointed collection agency.
– Any other duties which may reasonably be required in accordance with the duties and responsibilities indicated and which are appropriate to the post covered by this Job Description.
As an apprentice with Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Desired personal Qualities
We are looking for people who are of smart appearance, enthusiastic, reliable, determined and hard working and who can demonstrate a commitment to and understanding of, the Trust’s approach to diversity and equality.
People who are happy to constantly learn and develop new skills with an interest in customer service.
You should be tactful and diplomatic, be able to show patience and tolerance as well as showing a clear, logical and articulate manner.
Progression within the company
Training to be provided
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Functional Skills Maths and English
Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Receptionist job in Mansfield, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally