Brief overview of the vacancy role
Greene King Locals are looking for an individual with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, to join their team as an Apprentice chef!
Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
– Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
– Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
– Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
– Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
– Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
– Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
– Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
– 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
– Pension scheme
– Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
– Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
– Up to 28 days paid holiday
– Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
– Pay national minimum wage for your age
Desired personal Qualities
– Earn while your learn in a job you can be passionate about
– Gain a nationally recognised qualification
– Receive support throughout your apprenticeship
– Gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities
– Enjoy fantastic career opportunities
– Be part of a fun and exciting brand!
Production Chef Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Chef job in South Shields, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally