Brief overview of the vacancy role
Are you wanting to kick start an exciting career in IT? Do you want to work for a company where you will feel valued and part of their business FAMILY?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are excited to be working with a well established business to support them with finding the best talent for an fantastic opportunity within the IT industry. If you are ambitious, passionate, hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn then this is the role for you.
Individuals within the Apprentice Infrastructure Engineer role are part of a team that manage the operation of secure and highly available OT platforms, servers, and networks.
Apprentices will support the installation, maintenance, and ongoing performance of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring internal and external client operating environments, networks, and related utilities and infrastructure components, responding to incidents and problems as they arise, and taking part in project work.
The role will support other engineers with projects to provide clients with infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth. They will install new servers and maintain existing infrastructure where required.
As an IT Support Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
– Perform routine maintenance tasks for client infrastructure environments such as backups, patching, hotfixes etc.
– Assist other engineers with physical network-based tasks such as racking hardware and cabling equipment
– Support client systems and applications of varying complexity, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility
– Communicate events to stakeholders in timely manner
– Work with other engineers on the integration of solutions with other applications and platforms based on sound engineering principals
– Maintain and manage any internal or external client documentation
– Evaluate and understand new technologies
– Developing and completing apprenticeship portfolios
– Completing all modules and work related to apprenticeship training
The right candidate will have the required skills.
– Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
– Knowledge of office tools and utilities
– Good communication skills
– Adaptable to changing situations
– Attention to detail
– Good literacy skills with an ability to write technical documentation
– Creative problem-solving skills
– Team working skills
The Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
– Computer Fundamentals & Security – Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
– Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services – An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols.
– Communication in Support – Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
Desired personal Qualities
Apprentice Infrastructure Engineers are enthusiastic to learn, they treat everyone around them with respect, they are open to changes in technology, changes in the way we do things and are always striving to improve. They support other members of the team, helping others when they need it and asking for support when they need it. They have good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients, vendors, and other technical colleagues. Individuals have a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all projects, support requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner.
Training to be provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship L3
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this IT Support Apprentice job in Stockton-on-Tees, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally