We are looking for candidates who have a positive and caring attitude, along with having a collaborative, compassionate and open approach to their work
We want to recruit people with a genuine desire to care and to develop their skills and experience through a funded Nursing Associate Apprenticeship Programme. This course requires no previous experience in care as you will be fully supported to complete your induction process, care certificate and gain experience prior to the start of the course.
Main duties of the job
The Trainee Nursing Associate course is two years of development, through a mixture of work based learning and university study. There are two placements per year where you will be working in a variety of settings. These provide further insight into the role and support you in fulfilling the requirements set by the NMC.
The role is demanding and the right candidate will demonstrate the required maturity, professionalism and dedication to manage the combined requirements of studying whilst working, with the resilience and tenacity to continue at times of pressure.
- Minimum of Level 3 (NVQ/Diploma/ 2x A-Level qualification) or equivalent, ideally in Health and Social care related subject meeting the university entry requirements.
- Functional skills at minimum level 2 in Maths and English or GCSE in Maths and English Grade C/4 or above
- Car driver, or ability to travel to attend university study and daily commute
- Minimum 30 hours contract, must be a substantive post.
- Meets the ESFA funding requirements in that non-UK nationals areeligible for funding if they have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous 3 years on the first day of their apprenticeship and have permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes) or have obtained pre-settled or settled status under EUSS.
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of roles and responsibilities.
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we’re driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated “Good” by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don’t just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.uk
13 January 2023
Agenda for change
£21,730 to £23,177 a year Pro rata for part time minimum 30 hour contract needed.
Salisbury NHS Foundation trust
You will be supported by the trust to attend university within your contracted hours and will receive guidance and support from supervisors, assessors and colleagues where needed.
We will help you to develop your career, and to acquire new skills and achieve qualifications that upon completion of the programme will enable you to register with the NMC as a Nursing Associate.
As an Apprentice Nursing Associate you will be expected to be working towards developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours to:
- Contribute to the provision and monitoring of high quality individualised nursing care in accordance with agreed policies and procedures. To carry out independent assessment and implementation of direct care for patients
- Work in a collaborative and co-operative manner
- Develop personally and professionally to be able undertake all aspects of the Nursing Associate role.
It is important that personal limitations in knowledge and competence are acknowledged by the practitioner and that those duties in which they do not feel competent are declined.
Pre requisites for apprenticeship:
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ/Diploma/ 2x A-Levels qualification or equivalent, ideally in Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in Maths and English or GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4 or above
- Care certificate or willingness to complete if no previous care experience
- Meets ESFA funding rules (has lived in UK for 3+ years)
- Ability to attend university day release, work placements and daily commute
- Previous care experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Nursing Associate Apprenticeship job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally