Assistant/Junior Accountant – Apprentice Accountant – AAT Level 3
Our client is looking for a driven, professional school / college leaver who would be interested in pursuing a career within accounting. If you are keen to secure an entry level role within an expanding accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, as well as a great career path to progress please apply today to find out more.
Are a well-established firm that embraces all of the latest technology enabling them to provide up to date real-time support to their clients. They are dynamic and continue to grow offering a personalised service to business owners and individuals.
Monday – Friday
37.5 hours a week
On joining the team, you will provide accountancy and business support services to a portfolio of clients, operating across various industries. You will be working under the guidance of the senior accountant and will report to the partner and senior members of the team. This role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of accounting and tax services to all of our clients.
The duties will be:
- Post trial balances on to accounts software
- Analyse bank statements in to cash books in excel and post on to accounts software
- Complete accounts file working papers in excel
- Apply accounting principles
- Identify client queries
- Post any accounting journals and disclosure data into accounts software
- Prepare corporation tax computation
- Prepare accounts file for accounts meeting
- Complete a file for signing pack
- Bookkeeping in accountancy software
- Preparation of Payroll reports
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the office
- Preparation and submission of VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment returns to HMRC
The successful applicant and skills:
They are looking for an ambitious candidate, someone who thinks outside the box, is keen to learn and is willing to go above and beyond the expectations of clients. Specifically, they require:
- Someone wishing to commence the AAT qualification or the ACA (ICAEW) qualification
- A-C in at least 5 GCSEs (including Maths and English Language) and a minimum of BCC at A level (or equivalent)
- Adaptable and wanting to develop skills across various fields of accountancy and taxation
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance workloads to manage the needs of various clients
- Attention to detail is essential
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proactive and willing to take on increased responsibility when ready
- Competent on Excel
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good relationship building skills
- You will need to be flexible and be prepared to help others when needed. You will also have the ability to be able to work within a team.
You will be part of the practice’s continued expansion and will be expected to want to progress within the company whilst completing the AAT/ACA qualification. There will also be the opportunity to carry out further study upon completion of the AAT if this option is chosen. The company will provide study support towards all professional accountancy qualifications.
This is a permanent position therefore once the Apprenticeship is completed you will be a permanent staff member with progression opportunity and further training courses.
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A* – C 9/4) – Desirable
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* – C 9/4) – Desirable
Personal Skills required:
- Good communication
- Attention to detail
- Customer care
- Problem solving
- Team working
- Logical thinking
Qualification: You will be working towards a AAT Level 3 qualification as part of the apprenticeship
Duration: 18 months