Keelham Farm Shop is a multi-award-winning food retail and hospitality business based in Skipton, North Yorkshire, renowned for sourcing great tasting, quality produce from over 250 local and regional producers and farmers. We have been selling tasty, fresh food at affordable prices for three generations.
From the farmyard to the shop floor and from the kitchen to the café, the whole team at Keelham are passionate about providing customers with great tasting, locally sourced, affordably priced food, delivered with a friendly welcome and smiling face. We work hard to inspire our customers and do all that we can to make a trip to Keelham enjoyable whether you are five or fifty.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual who is passionate and happy to work in a busy, customer facing environment. Our focus is on finding people who care about great tasting food, are keen to learn more, can inspire others and who are not afraid of hard work. The Commis Chef apprentice role is an important part of the team of chefs, preparing ingredients, working on section, cooking meals and general kitchen duties. It’s an ideal place to start your catering career or better it from where you were before, with the potential to learn and progress. Working with all fresh produce, we expect to see you keen to develop new cooking skills and techniques.
Our kitchen is very busy so you will need stamina and skill to ensure our customers receive an exceptional dining experience. You will have the ability to focus, multitask and communicate well, all whilst meeting company standards and producing high quality food that our customers have come to expect.
* Positive attitude and desire to learn.
* A passion for food.
* Ability to work autonomously in a busy environment.
* Excellent communication and a positive attitude.
* Methodical approach to work, able to prioritise tasks and flexible to cover all duties.
* Previous experience in a high output kitchen required.
* Smart and presentable, reliable and committed.
* Flexible on work patterns including early morning starts.
* Relevant food safety experience and training.
• No experience necessary.
• But instead, bags of passion and a willingness to learn. Able to work well alone and as part of a team, along with the ability to accurately follow instructions.
• Need to have a good work ethic and have a positive attitude.
• Ideally will want a career in catering.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally