Breedon is currently seeking an Apprentice Electrician based at our Minffordd Quarry near Porthmadog, North Wales. For the duration of the Apprenticeship you will learn about maintaining heavy fixed and mobile plant in our quarries.
You will possess the following skills, experience and qualities:
- An interest in engineering
- Comfortable dealing with a variety of people across our GB Materials business
- Friendly and personable
- Proficient with IT
- Good organisation skills and willingness to learn
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or level 5 or above on the new grading scheme) including Maths, English and Science
It would be advantageous if you hold a current driving licence.
In return, we guarantee the opportunity to build skills, gain knowledge and experience through ‘in-role’ training with individual mentoring and a tailored development programme. You will receive time out to attend college and a nationally recognised qualification at the end of your apprenticeship.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours throughout the apprenticeship:
- Actively engage in learning opportunities
- Support all teams by participating fully in placements
- Display effective communications and relationship building with all colleagues
- Take ownership for your own development
- Fully complete all college work and work-based learning assignments to the best of your ability
- Look for and act on continuous development opportunities
- Look for ways to continually learn and develop
We are committed to offering a permanent position upon the completion of your apprenticeship with us and endeavour to support all of our colleagues to gain the career they want.
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in Great Britain and Ireland. We produce cement, aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, Welsh slate and specialist concrete and clay products, and offer a range of contracting services.
The business places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally