Up and Under Ltd, a member of the RSK Group, are an engineering consultancy and contracting company, undertaking inspections, surveys and contracting services of various bridges, buildings and other structures within the transportation, utilities and built environment sectors.
We now have an opportunity for a Apprentice Estimator within our team in Crewe, Cheshire.
The position would ideally be suited to an individual who has an interest in pursuing a career in estimating.
The ideal candidate will be bright, resourceful and quick to learn. A high level of written English and Mathematics is mandatory along with familiarity of the MSOffice suite.
On the job training will be provided with the option for additional external courses and training.
Working alongside our Estimator, the Apprentice Estimator is responsible for the accurate and comprehensive compilation of quotations and tenders under the supervision of the Estimator and our Business Development Managers.
The Trainee Estimator is responsible for engaging with all stakeholders, both internally and externally including our clients and our supply chain to develop proposals.
This is an exciting role with a growing company that can offer the right candidate excellent personal development by gaining;
- A wide experience of Contracts and Commercial matters;
- Development of tendering skills;
- Data management skills to inform, manage and manipulate estimating processes;
- Engagement with Supply Chain to manage external costs
Responsibilities (under the supervision and guidance of others):
- Determine labour, plant and material costs for tenders based on scoping documents and engagement with Operations and Technical teams
- Engagement with supply chain and management of supplier database including gathering of quotes from subcontractors
- Preparation of accurate and thorough quotations
- Provide regular updates on tenders to interested parties both internally and externally
- Support Project Handover process ensuring Operational Delivery team are fully informed on all projects
- Receive tender enquiries from the Business Development Team
- Develop resource estimates working with Operations and Programme Managers
- Prepare quotation documents for approval
- Attend project bid review meetings
- Attend tender review and Project Handover meetings
- Engage with suppliers and clients over the phone
- Assist with procurement of supply chain labour plant and materials working with Operations/Project Managers
- Level 2 Qualification, Minimum GCSE A* to C in English and Maths (Essential)
- High level of written English and Mathematics (Essential)
- Level 3 Qualification, A-Level or equivalent (Preferable)
- Analytical, methodical, resourceful, a quick learner
- Excellent communication skills, therefore confident and willing to engage with clients and suppliers over the phone
Salary and benefits
- National Minimum Wage
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally