This is an exciting opportunity to develop the skills to provide personal assistance in an inclusive organisation at the central of public interest. You will be studying a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship delivered by Babington who will support you with your development.
The role will build experience about government operations and how decisions are made at senior levels. The successful candidate should demonstrate resourcefulness, trustworthiness, and discretion.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide full business support to senior management to support their effective time management – including managing diaries, organising meetings, planning travel logistics, dealing with internal IT/service providers, and maintaining administrative systems
- Deliver effective, high quality business support for essential operational and administrative tasks for members of both Economics and Fiscal Groups
- Help shape the culture of Economics and Fiscal Groups, through modelling behaviour and contributing to corporate work streams, to make the groups an excellent place to work!
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work independently
- Good time management
- Good organisation skills
- Making effective decisions
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
There may be a chance of progression upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant)
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions. Find out more about Civil Service pensions
- Onsite restaurant and coffee bar. The London office also offers a gym, showers and prayer room
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving
- Access to a retail discounts and cashback site
- A Rental Deposit Advance Scheme to help meet the total costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)