We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Plant Mechanic to join the UK’s leading ground engineering and geotechnical contractor.
Full time – 7.30 until 18.00 with 1hr unpaid break.
As an Apprentice you will learn how to inspect, repair and maintain heavy construction and plant machinery, so that projects can be completed efficiently and most importantly Safely. You will gain a good understanding of how the machines work and be able to repair them anywhere, providing you with on-the-job experience, whilst also attending College to gain your qualification.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under guidance learn to complete servicing on plant/machinery
• Assist with pre-hire checks and paperwork
• Be able to keep comprehensive reports on all works and repairs needed
• Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
• Responding to electrical/mechanical breakdowns throughout the UK
• Maintenance, repair and statutory compliance of all Plant machinery
• Ensure the workplace and working environment is kept to a high standard and in-line with company health and safety guidelines
• Assure accurate service, repair and damage records are kept
• Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
• Regular communication with sites on their requirements or issues
• Manage parts suppliers and stock levels
• Use manufacturer’s technical manuals and diagrams to help locate faults
• Travel requirements: the role will be allocated to a specific office base, and there may be a need for flexibility to work on an ad hoc basis at other locations or from home.
• This list is a summary of the main accountabilities and is not exhaustive.
• A desire to learn and develop with the job.
• Full clean driving licence would be desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly.
• Willingness to work flexibly to support the overall aims of the team and changing priorities.
What you’ll get in return
We offer our employees great benefits including 22 days leave, access to our 24-hour confidential employee support line as well as access to a generous pension plan so that you can look forward to a bright future. A structured training and mentoring programme will be provided on site and in the yard, along with fantastic career progression.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally