Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Fixed term until December 2023
WHAT WE DO
The School of Travel Food and Drink are proud to be working with the NHS to deliver the Healthcare Cleaning Standard Apprenticeship in several of North Yorkshire Teaching Hospitals. We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational apprenticeship tutor who understands the cohort and can support the apprentices with innovative teaching and assessment methods. Specialist knowledge of the NHS cleaning procedures is essential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, co-ordinate, assess and review the learning activities associated with learners in the workplace.
- Deliver training and conduct training and assessment covering skills and competencies as appropriate on and off site as required to facilitate timely or relevant success of students and provide a wide range of training solutions based on employer needs.
- Be allocated a caseload of students with a responsibility to ensure that contractual commitments are met.
- Provide training and or/assessment in appropriate disciplines (including Functional Skills) to a range of students on their selected programme or training.
- Be responsible for a caseload of candidates ensuring timely completion within agreed timescales appropriate for level and individual needs.
- Be responsible for managing the overall delivery of the Apprenticeship framework or standard.
- Support the Apprenticeship Leads and Recruitment team with: the recruitment, enrolment, sign up of students, completion of all contract documentation; provision of Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) for students and where applicable, employers and health and safety checks.
- At commencement of the programme work with the employer and learner to agree and record in each student’s Individual Learning Plan, clear milestones and targets to enable all components of the training programme to be monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor the student’s progress over the duration of the programme ensuring formal reviews between the learner and employer, in line with the individual learning plan, are undertaken as a minimum every 12 weeks.
- Track and record the vocational progress of students on a regular basis/as required using relevant systems (e.g. One File); report and take action in respect of any concerns (including the 20% of the job training).
- Contribute to and participate in the assessment and quality assurance procedures for all programmes/ training provision, including Internal Verification to the prescribed standards.
- Contribute to the review and evaluation process in order to ensure year on year improvements.
- Provide feedback on students’ work and assignments, including marking assignments where relevant, liaising with venues, employers or placement supervisors and providing guidance and support to students.
- Assess and monitor portfolio of students work and ensure completion within agreed deadlines and target date (including electronic or paper-based portfolios).
- Complete assessment paperwork to the required audit standards.
- Compile the required programme documentation for students.
- Comply with internal and awarding and funding organisations quality assurance procedures and standards.
- To agree and meet performance targets relating to business development and learner retention and achievement.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths Min.
- NVQL3 or specialist qualification in specialist area
- Assessors Award (A1)
- Verifiers Award (V1) or willingness to work towards
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards
- Knowledge and experience within Healthcare Cleaning
- Knowledge and experience of on-site assessing
- Experience of maintaining professional relationships with employers
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined organisation
- Experience of working with Apprenticeship Standards and EPA
- Ability to devise and implement a robust Scheme of Learning for the individual and the employer
- Ability to prepare and deliver training sessions
- Ability to work with a diverse range of apprentices
- Ability to enthuse apprentices to aid retention and achievement
- Experience of delivering constructive feedback
- Ability to work in a target driven environment
- Ability to support and promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to the PREVENT agenda Commitment to restorative practice approaches
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally