Apprentice Claims Assistant
Pro Insurance is a global business outsourcing and consulting company focused solely on the insurance and reinsurance industries. We are looking for an apprentice to come and join our Claims team in our Outsourcing function, on an 18-month fixed term apprentice contract.
Pro currently has UK office locations in London, Glasgow, Gloucester, Horsham and Liverpool and operates a flexible working policy with regard to location and remote working. You will be based at our office in Liverpool or Horsham for the first two weeks, for training and thereafter you will be working on a remote basis with up occasional trips to the office (monthly). The post holder may be required to travel between London, Gloucester, Glasgow, Horsham and Liverpool when required.
We are looking for a professional, committed and accountable person who would support the claims team. The team is responsible for reviewing Employers Liability Tracing office (ELTO) enquiries, setting claims up on Pro’s systems and supporting a range of administrative activities. The job holder responsibilities would include:
- Reviewing ELTO Claims
- Investigate policies within our internal systems and external systems when required
- Seek clarification from senior members of the team, to support making decision on cases
- Managing internal mailboxes
- Review initial claims file – called first notification of loss (FNOL) and setting claims up on Pro’s systems
- Work to agreed service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure Pro meets our deadlines
- A range of other administrative tasks as required
Skills and Experience
- At least a Grade 4 or 5 GCSE in English and Maths
- Excellent attention to detail and an investigative mind
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to meet Client requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- A conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
Pro understands that excellent people are core to its business and have a defined training programme, reward and recognition scheme, along with a talent identification process. We will encourage and fully subsidise you in following a further education programme within the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). Alongside our competitive salary you will be rewarded with a generous benefits package, that includes healthcare, 25 days holiday, life assurance and a defined contribution pension scheme.
We partner with an Insurance Practitioner, BPP, for you to complete the Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the CII Certificate (LM1 and LM2).
Following successful completion of your apprenticeship and subject to business requirements at that time, you may apply for available positions. If successful, Pro can offer a defined training programme, reward and recognition scheme, along with a talent identification process. We will support this progression with our career pathway model, which allows you and us to ensure your skills are continuously developed.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally