Who are we?
We’re the UK’s largest water provider, with over 15 million customers to serve every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We make a difference daily to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of water to around 10 million homes. Our main role is to ensure customers can turn on the tap and get world-class drinking water 24/7. We also safely transport and treat waste, returning it back to the environment.
About the role
The Digital Learning Apprentice will support the design and development of blended learning content across Thames Water in a forward-thinking and supportive design team in this role you will be blending your keen interest in learning and design with your creative and production skills.
This is a great opportunity for you to complete a Junior Content Producer – Level 3 apprenticeship which will support and enable you to produce interactive and engaging learning solutions, such as online learning modules, videos, infographics, graphics, and marketing materials. Our apprenticeship will be a flexible role where you will work alongside colleagues to provide a customer-focused service to others.
What you will be doing:
- Ability to design learning to help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achieve.
- Analyse data and conduct qualitative research to understand learner and client requirements for each blended learning programme.
- Write high-quality text to convey complex and technical subjects in plain English. For blended learning, this could include courseware (i.e., e-books) or text for elements on the digital learning platform.
- Write high-quality scripts and develop storyboards for the production of digital learning. This could include video, animation, or e-learning formats.
- Using visual and audio recording equipment and/or Adobe Creative Cloud for design to creating impactful and engaging content. Maintain our quality of learning and version control of content in our LMS (SABA).
- The ability to combine written words with graphical design to create engaging and effective digital learning and Communicate complex ideas simply and concisely using the written word and storyboards.
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Work collaboratively with Graphic/learning Designers and Video Producers to ensure the end products meet the original design specification.
- Being part of the overall design and creative concept, together with scripting and storyboarding of the digital learning components and enabling our levels of access and functionality testing.
- provide advice to staff and managers across the range of digital learning and development programmes.
Compliance & assurance
- Quality-control of learning assets prior to release.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement which are supported by comprehensive and achievable plans for implementation.
- Help to develop and maintain a compliance process that supports Thames Water to have confidence in employee compliance whilst reducing the time spent and volume of learning.
3RD Party relationship
- Work with Content Authors to gather and refine the raw content required
- Work with stakeholders and HR teams to understand the internal and legal requirements for 3rd party contractors and ensure our learning service is fit for purpose
- Competent in various computer applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience using audio and visual equipment to create engaging content.
- Good communication skills.
- Having an inquisitive nature with a keen eye for detail.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and being flexible to business needs.
Here’s why you should join us!
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites, and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join us, you’ll enjoy our flexible working arrangements and be supported with progression and development opportunities. We’re proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Leader, Times Top 50 Employer for Women, Race at work charter signatory, and Carer Confident great place to work. We also support local events and charities.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year, increasing with length of service, access to money-saving and benefits schemes, and much more!
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website or for more information about our apprentices click here.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally