Brief overview of the vacancy role
You will use your enthusiasm and team skills to maintain a warm and caring atmosphere for all our residents as well as helping with anything from bathing, to basic house keeping duties, to the preparation of snacks.
As a care worker with Quantum care you will be required to contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment by undertaking a variety of care and housekeeping duties whilst promoting the dignity, privacy, and encouragement of independence of residents.
– To work under the supervision of the Care Team Manager to provide quality care by attending to residents’ physical and personal needs including washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, feeding and any other personal needs.
– To listen to and always respect the individual’s rights to privacy and dignity; to help everyone overcome any anxieties and to enjoy the facilities of the Home whilst retaining as much of their own independence as possible.
– To encourage contacts with friends and family, activities in the community and personal shopping.
– To help with the preparation and serving of meals and other appropriate domestic tasks as necessary, within the guidelines of the Hygiene Regulations.
– To help with basic housekeeping duties such as making beds, care of linen/laundry and clothing and tidying residents’ rooms in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Home, in accordance with the guidelines on the use of cleaning materials and equipment.
– To participate in staff meetings, training and development and staff supervision.
– To comply with all standard procedures concerning the residents’ health and welfare.
– To identify and meet the social, emotional, and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation of social and recreational activities.
– To contribute to the preparation and review of individual customer’s care plans.
– To assist with the distribution of medication in accordance with the standard procedures, under the general supervision of the Care Team Manager.
– To undertake any other duties, depending on skills and competency, to enable the efficient running of the Home.
Things to consider:
– Care staff work a variety of shifts including every other weekend. Your rota will also mean you will be working some Bank Holidays.
At Quantum Care, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.
Desired personal Qualities
– Committed to your own professional development.
– Have a passion to care for the elderly and be acutely aware of their needs.
– Physically fit to carry out work, involving moving and handling residents.
– A respectful and flexible approach to dealing with residents’ personal needs.
– A positive attitude to residents’ rights.
– The ability to relate positively to residents, team members and relatives regarding their circumstances, gender, cultural and ethnic background.
– Neat and tidy in appearance.
Qualified Care Workers can progress to Senior Carers or Care Team Managers.
Training to be provided
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in maths and English
ZH2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Adult Care Worker Apprentice job in Bishop's Stortford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally